Combining stilts and advanced aerial skills with dance and spectacular costumes, An Act Above (formally known as The Wrong Size) is a celebration of circus excitement and theatrical glamour. Skilled performers in incredible costumes fashion a special kind of wonder and excitement for audiences of all ages.
An Act Above was established in London in 1994 where the company is still based.
The core cast in alphabetical order:
- Clare Barrett - Actress, aerialist and dancer. Charming in Russian, French and English.
- Jessica Burn- Film maker, actress, circus artist, real life human and all round doer of things.
- Tink Bruce - Your flexible, feisty, high-flying, flame-throwing, fancy faerie friend!
- Geraldine Collins- A contemporary dancer crossing over to circus. Has a knack for knowing the exact sheet thread counts.
- Kate Evans - Conscientious and caring, a cracking performer with a penchant to dance with a bike.
- Desiree Kongerod- Speaks Norwegian, German and English and loves sour herring. Also knows how to knit.
- Sophie Page Hall -Physical performer from Yorkshire , loves folklore, sea shanties and hanging upside down.
- Morag Wightman- whilst scaling the heights on her stilts Morag remains grounded, centred and well informed on matters of horses and environmental health.